Kiki Interiors - Decor and Staging

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Organize me!!!

Have you started your spring cleaning?  I know with these 40 cms of snow on the way it's hard to believe spring is coming but it is on it's way!!!  I decided I'm giving my house a totally organizational overhaul.  The task can be daunting but all I'm doing is a bit at a time and I've created a list. Over the weekend, I cleared out my 'junk' drawe and  my recipe books - it felt great and it's amazing how much stuff you accumulate.  Yesterday, I tackled my kitchen pantry.  Everyday I have an organizing task which isn't too overwhelming and keeps me motivated to continue in other areas of my house.

Looking for tips??  don't know what to do in certain rooms?  Or, how to get started??  Check out the 'Better Homes and Gardens Secrets of Getting Organzied' edition  - this really inspired me to get organized and really helped me set up certain areas of my home like my children's playroom and the mudroom.  Plus it has some great ideas to get ready for filing your taxes!!



Some great tips from the top organizing professionals...

'" If you earmarked something for donation, take it directly to your car! Items in 'waiting' for a trip to the charitable drop-box linger, grow and mutate into a mountain of clutter" - Susan Pinsky, The Fast and furious Five step Organizing Solution

"Keep a basket near the door of each room to collect toys and regularly take these baskets ack to the centralized storage area" - Lorie Marrero, The Clutter Diet

"the space under the stairs is the perfect location for items not used regularly, such as christmas decorations and luggage.  Put hooks or nails underneath the risers to get items off the floor" - Laura Wittmann, Clutter Rehab

" Purge clothes at the end of the season, when what you've worn and not worn is still fresh in your mind.  If you didn't wear it this season, it's time to let it go." - Laura Wittmann

"Make your bed daily.  It is a small gift you can give yourself each morning that you will appreciate throughout the day.  Your room appears neater and more organized instantly." - Lorie Marrero

"Clutter breeds when we stock a 'library' of choices.  children get out of the house easier in the morning if they don't have to puzzle through more than two choices of cereals, juice boxes ans snack foods" - Susan Pinsky


Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://kikiinteriors.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service